It’s time once again for the release date shuffle! Following the resolution of the actors’ strike, Hollywood is getting back to work—but its schedule is all in a tizzy. Disney has announced a whole flurry of release date changes for its upcoming films, including Deadpool 3, Captain America: Brave New World, Thunderbolts, and, uh, that Lion King prequel you’ve been waiting so patiently for.
With all the switcheroo-ing, the only Marvel movie on the calendar for 2024 is now Deadpool 3, which arrives on July 26, 2024. Here’s what else changes:
- Deadpool 3 premieres July 26, 2024 (was May 3, 2024)
- Captain America: Brave New World premieres February 14, 2025 (was July 26, 2024)
- Thunderbolts premieres July 25, 2025 (was December 20, 2024)
- Blade premieres November 7, 2025 (was February 15, 2025)
- Mufasa: The Lion King premieres December 20, 2024 (was July 5, 2024)
According to Variety, the next Captain America film “had already completed principal photography” prior to the beginning of the actors’ strike. Neither Blade nor Thunderbolts have begun production yet.
Variety also notes that Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (a Disney film via 20th Century Studios) seems to be sticking to its May 24th, 2024, release date—which pits it against Furiosa, which is also supposed to open that day. But it’s early enough still that other studios may start shuffling things around as well. Notably, we’ve already gotten a trailer for the next Apes installment, while Furiosa remains mysterious.