New York launches probe into nationwide AT&T network outage


AT&T cellphone outage has some thinking about future of landlines


AT&T cellphone outage has some thinking about future of landlines

02:42

New York prosecutors said Thursday they are opening an investigation into a wireless network outage earlier this month that left thousands of AT&T customers across the U.S. without cellphone service for roughly 12 hours.

The February 22 outage, which also affected some Consumer Cellular, T-Mobile, UScellular and Verizon subscribers, led to widespread frustration by phone users and briefly disrupted 911 service in some communities. 


AT&T says affected customers will receive $5 credit after service outage

00:50

“Nationwide outages are not just an inconvenience, they can be dangerous, and it’s critical that we protect consumers when an outage occurs,” New York Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement announcing the probe and inviting consumers in the state whose phone service was interrupted to file a complaint.

AT&T apologized this week for the network disruption and offered a $5 credit to customers. The credit will automatically be applied to their accounts, but AT&T Business, AT&T Prepaid and Cricket customers are ineligible for reimbursement. 



Source link

About The Author

Scroll to Top