Throughout her 20-year career in property management, Jodie has tackled nearly every facet of the industry, and her journey to date is the cover story for the summer issue of Elite Agent.
From starting as a cadet and “falling in love with property”, Jodie has covered a lot of ground, including developing her own businesses as well as holding groundbreaking roles at Coronis Group before recently settling into a position as a Director at Harcourts Solutions in Brisbane.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor Samantha McLean, Jodie also shares some tips on leadership from the greats, growing businesses from the ground up and much more. She has plenty of wisdom to depart on how to work with investors, what they want and how to build a team that truly understands a landlord’s pain points.
Some key highlights of this episode hosted by Elite Agent’s Samantha McLean:
- 1:44 – How to find leaders and mentors in the industry that can help “fill in the gaps” and turn you into a more rounded property manager or business person.
- 6:49 – The importance of business frameworks and how having the right processes can help you achieve your goals faster.
- 7:49 – How to launch a franchise and the best way to take action and build momentum without getting stuck in the planning stage.
- 11:02 – The most effective way to build a rent roll from scratch and the key relationships to work on to get the business off the ground.
- 13:02 – How to identify and solve your landlord’s struggles and the easiest way to get honest feedback about where your business needs to improve.
- 18:00 – How to retain your staff and also make your business one that people want to join and never leave.
- 24:55 – Insights in to moving roles within the industry while keeping key relationships in tact.
- 26:54 – Why PM salaries need to improve and how it will benefit landlords, tenants and agencies.
Links and resources mentioned
To get a copy of the upcoming magazine featuring Jodie Stainton visit eliteagent.com/subscribe.